You’ll want to keep this Instant Pot fruit infused water recipe nearby all summer long. Drink all the thyme lemon infused water you can!
Stay Hydrated with Homemade Pressure Cooker Infused Water!
It’s not even summer yet and I already had a. week with no air conditioner. It’s all good now and it reminded me how important it is to stay hydrated. I know some people have trouble drinking enough water, so I wanted to give you a recipe for my easy Instant Pot thyme lemon infused water.
This lemon infused water recipe makes plain old water taste fancy and is just as good as those expensive flavored waters.
We’re lucky to have well water, that gets super filtered and even goes through a reverse osmosis unit. Our water tastes great plain, but if you are on city water even adding a slice of plain lemon can help if you you just can’t find time to make a flavored water recipe.
Can I Infuse Water without an Instant Pot?
Of course you can. But chances are you’re here looking for another way to use your electric pressure cooker. Plus Instant Pot infused water takes less time so you can enjoy it sooner than traditionally infused.
You can just let the fruit and herbs steep in the water overnight in your fridge if you’re looking for an alternative method to make fruit infused water. Or you can get a water infuser that will give you all the flavor with none of the mess.
What can you do with fruit infused water?
- drink it plain from your favorite water bottle
- add sparkling water to make a “dry” soda
- make it into a mocktail with or without sparking water
- use it as a cocktail base – I recommend gin or vodka for this one
- add a few dashes of bitters to elevate it into a drink to remember!
How long does fruit infused water last?
Depending on the freshness of the fruit, about 3 to 5 days in the fridge. You can pour the flavored water into ice cube trays and freeze it to make it last even longer.
If you freeze it, thaw over night in the fridge to have your flavored water ready to drink the next day.
What Other Combinations Should I try?
- orange zest and pulp with mint
- go all citrus with lemon, lime, and orange zest and pulp with no herbs at all
- pineapple hibiscus
- citrus zest and berry of your choice
- lemon zest and cucumber slices
- try other herbs like basil, lavender, and flavored mints